The two-year project seeks to direct the energy and potential of youth in 5 Arab states towards constructively building free, just, and democratic societies. It will connect and build the capacities of 620 youths on the topics of freedom, democracy, and human rights along with a module on civic engagement and leadership skills. Capacity building will be both theoretical and practical through a Training of Trainers, 2 regional forums, 40 national workshops, and 80 community activities across 5 countries, and regular teleconference meetings through effective use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
The project officer will dedicate 100% of his/her time to handling the day to day activities of project implementation including logistics and communications with the support of two full-time interns. The project officer reports directly to the Regional Director of Operations (RDO).
1. Directly handle all logistical and coordination tasks related to the project activites
2. Conduct monthly individual follow-up meeting through Skype with 20 opinion shapers
3. Coordinate with teams of youth leaders in five countries to brainstorm, plan and implement community awareness
4. Take charge of media screening after any ceremony or project activity ensuring visibility requirements of the donor are met
5. Document all media mentions and collect them in a post event narrative report
6. Ensure pre and post-tests are conducting with participants before regional conferences and national workshops along with other monitoring requirements agreed upon with the donor
7. Follow up on data collection and analysis
8. Handle all financial and narrative reporting for the project with the guidance and supervision of the RDO.
1. Bachelor’s degree
2. Detail-oriented and organized
3. 1 to 2 years experience (preferably in an NGO field)
4. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in: Arabic, French and English
5. Comfort in working with people from different cultures and backgrounds
Deadline for applying is October 10, 2014. Short-listed candidates will be contacted to attend an interview at WYA Middle-East Regional Office. Attach a cover letter, your Curriculum Vitae and two recommendation letters to email@example.com.
The Regional Director of Operations (RDO) reports to the Regional Director and assists in the implementation of the annual operational plan for the region. The RDO maintains and develops the membership base through effective management of the internship program and other projects in conformity with the operational plan. The RDO oversees marketing and communication related projects in the region through effective maintenance and management of contacts in the WYA database and related systems. The RDO is responsible for all financial related activities and compliances, including the development of the regional budget. The RDO represented WYA and upholds the WYA charter.Responsibilities:
Deadline for applying is December 15, 2014. Short-listed candidates will be contacted by the WYA North America Regional Office. Please send a cover letter, your Curriculum Vitae and two recommendation letters, along with the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.