The Regional Director of Advocacy - Europe is responsible for directing all advocacy-related matters in the European region, but primarily those of the European institutions (European Parliament, Commission and the Council).
- Develop an operational plan for advocacy for the European Region, in coordination with the Director of Advocacy’s strategic plan and the Regional Director’s strategic plan.
- Develop advocacy programs for the European Region as requested by the European Regional Director.
- Monitor the European institutions on a daily basis, attending plenary sessions and side events both in Brussels and in Strasbourg.
- Monitor Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly.
- Coordinate with like-minded NGOs in Brussels and exchange information on EP issues.
- Coordinate response to national issues, including amendments to legislation and campaigns for and against policy proposals.
- Train European interns on advocacy issues, particularly Chapter 7 of Track A, and lead interns in participation at European Institution.
- Coordinate EP passes for interns and members who attend policy events.
- Report to Director of Advocacy weekly on European advocacy matters.
- Create and maintain network of friendly MEPs and assistants, effectively using Raiser's Edge.
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD or equivalent law degree preferred
- Excellent language skills (English required; one of French, German or Spanish required)
- Knowledge of European institutions preferred
- Excellent analytical skills; strategic and diplomatic abilities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong understanding of the uniqueness of WYA’s mission in terms of advocacy
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please fill out the application and send it, along with the required attachments, as soon as possible to email@example.com
The Regional Director of Operations (RDO) reports to the Regional Director and assists in the implementation of the annual operational plan for the region. The RDO maintains and develops the membership base through effective management of the internship program and other projects in conformity with the operational plan. The RDO oversees marketing and communication related projects in the region through effective maintenance and management of contacts on the WYA database and related systems. The RDO is responsible for all financial related activities and compliances, including the development of the regional budget. The RDO represents WYA and upholds the WYA charter.
- Develops and manages the region’s annual budget with the Regional Director;
- Maintain regular communication with the WYA Foundation staff for all finance, accounting, and other operational matters;
- Manages day-to-day financial activities and keeps records of all transactions, such as payments, withdrawals, deposits and other similar activities;
- Prepares monthly financial reports and a year-end report against the regional budget;
- Selects applicants to the regional internship program with the Regional Director;
- Manages the internship program in cooperation with the Regional Director by preparing intern work schedules and by assigning specific projects and duties, as well as oversees the evaluation of interns;
- Trains members through internship programs or via internet (email or online training zone) by marking Track A answers and leading or overseeing discussion groups and workshops, as necessary;
- Provides certification to members with the Regional Director;
- Maintains communication with regional members, especially committee members, in coordination with the Regional Director;
- Reviews and updates donor and member database information in Raiser’s Edge (WYA's database software);
- Increases the effectiveness and efficiency of organizational support to members by reviewing and/or developing policies, goals, objectives, and procedures for day-to-day office functioning, to be approved by the Regional Director;
- Prepares proposals for the funding and implementation of specific projects with the Regional Director, to be approved by the President;
- Implements and oversees WYA communications at the regional level including the website, newsletter, blogs, social media, and member e-mails;
- Maintains and ensures efficient functioning of the WYA office, including office equipment;
- Complies with deadlines for submission of plans and/or proposals and the Project Documentation System;
- Maintains and updates regional WYA legal documentation, working permits, and other contractual agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related
- Languages: Arabic and English, French is a plus
- Budget development and oversight experience
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, and social media platforms (facebook, wordpress, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Delegates responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please fill out the application and send it, along with the required attachments, as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org