The Regional Director of Advocacy - Europe is responsible for directing all advocacy-related matters in the European region, but primarily those of the European institutions (European Parliament, Commission and the Council).
- Develop an operational plan for advocacy for the European Region, in coordination with the Director of Advocacy’s strategic plan and the Regional Director’s strategic plan.
- Develop advocacy programs for the European Region as requested by the European Regional Director.
- Monitor the European institutions on a daily basis, attending plenary sessions and side events both in Brussels and in Strasbourg.
- Monitor Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly.
- Coordinate with like-minded NGOs in Brussels and exchange information on EP issues.
- Coordinate response to national issues, including amendments to legislation and campaigns for and against policy proposals.
- Train European interns on advocacy issues, particularly Chapter 7 of Track A, and lead interns in participation at European Institution.
- Coordinate EP passes for interns and members who attend policy events.
- Report to Director of Advocacy weekly on European advocacy matters.
- Create and maintain network of friendly MEPs and assistants, effectively using Raiser's Edge.
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD or equivalent law degree preferred
- Excellent language skills (English required; one of French, German or Spanish required)
- Knowledge of European institutions preferred
- Excellent analytical skills; strategic and diplomatic abilities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong understanding of the uniqueness of WYA’s mission in terms of advocacy
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please fill out the application and send it, along with the required attachments, as soon as possible to email@example.com