Famously known as the “green city in the sun” Nairobi is a beautiful town one of the reasons it is the headquarters to the United Nations Environmental Programme (UNEP). “Kenya is a paradise. If you want snow in Kenya, you can get it on top of Mt. Kenya, if you want a desert, you can get it in the arid parts of northern Kenya, if you want a beach fronting a big ocean, you can get it at the coast of Kenya, if you want lakes, there are many in Kenya, if you want animals of every colour, you will get them, if you want birds of every description, you will get them, if you want forests and vegetation of every type, you will get them, if you want rain, you will get it twice a year, if you want a nice climate all the year round, you have it in Kenya – an agreeable and soothing weather all the year round, temperatures of choice found according to your choice, and name all the other wonders of Kenya, including cultural diversity.” More so, the hospitality and the warmth of the Kenyan people will captivate you.
-Prof Francis Xavier Gichuru
Below is a list of websites that can help you discover Kenya and Nairobi at large:
- Nairobi City-The Official Guide has information on restaurants, accommodation, shopping and other pertinent information
- Magical Kenya has been designed to let you explore Kenya and discover the untold wealth of destinations and experiences available to the visitor. If you planning a trip to Kenya or just interested in learning more about the country, you’ll find everything you are looking for here.
- Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) conserves and manages Kenya’s wildlife for the Kenyan people and the world.
- Nairobi National Museum is a multi-disciplinary institution whose role is to collect, preserve, study, document and present Kenya’s past and present cultural and natural heritage. This is for the purposes of enhancing knowledge, appreciation, respect and sustainable utilization of these resources for the benefit of Kenya and the world, for now and posterity.
- Kenya Buzz gives you information on arts, theatre, music, nightlife, dance, sports, expositions among other things in Nairobi.
- Eat Out Kenya is a dining revolution! Officially launched in the Spring of 2010, the Eat Out restaurant guide is a contemporary, functional and unique online portal that seeks to put the Kenya’s dining culture “on the map”.