- This event has passed.
Europe Training Program Batch 2: Application Deadline
June 21, 2015
Batch 2 Training Session: June 29 – October 30, 2015
Deadline for Application: June 21, 2015
What is WYA’s Track A Training Program?
WYA’s Certified Training Program, also known as Track A, is the collection of texts that provide the philosophical underpinnings for the mission of WYA. It presents a summary of philosophical, historical, and modern day texts that focus on the dignity of the person and human rights. Those who complete Track A are equipped to articulate and defend the principles of the dignity of the person within the public square. The program is open to all members of the World Youth Alliance, and is a pre-requisite for participation in many of the programs of WYA (internships, specialized conferences, advocacy work).
What does the training entail?
|6||History of Ideas|
|7||International Law and Human Rights|
In order to obtain certification, members must read all of the Track A articles and satisfactorily answer the questions for each chapter. Readings are accessed and answers are submitted through a web-based training zone and reviewed by the Director of Operations for the member’s region. Once all answers have been submitted and approved, the newly trained member will be invited to an accreditation interview with the Regional Director, which may be conducted face-to-face, or via Skype.
Upon successful completion of the accreditation interview, the member will be issued a certificate recognizing their accomplishment and officially designating them as a “Track A Certified Member.”
What do I get out of Track A Training?
Completing the Track A training and obtaining certification will:
- Equip you to communicate articulately and persuasively on behalf of the dignity of the human person
- Provide you with a vocabulary to engage the international community and larger culture on issues relating to the dignity of the person, human rights, and integral development
- Make you eligible to speak on behalf of WYA and participate fully in WYA activities. Some of these opportunities include:
- Apply for an international internship,
- Start a WYA chapter or club,
- Start and lead a Track A training group in your local area,
- Represent WYA in local and international events