meet – WYA Europe’s Media and Advocacy Training
September 26 - September 30
World Youth Alliance (WYA) Europe invites young people, active members and youth leaders to participate in MEET, our interactive Media & Advocacy Training from September 26th – 29th in Vienna.
Join us for four days of intensive workshops in which you will learn to understand the media, develop spokesperson skill and the confidence to be effective in interviews and debates in front of a camera or audience.
The training will consist of three critical elements:
– Understanding the media: Our workshops will give you an insight into the workings and structure of online, social and traditional media giving you a clear understanding of how reporters think.
– How to frame an argument: We will give you the simple tools you’ll need to turn any argument on its head and how to present your message in a clear, substantive and media-friendly way.
– Real world practice exercises: You will be subjected to on-camera interviews with a trainer playing the role of a reporter, asking realistic and WYA-relevant questions. To help you improve and perfect your skills a team of media experts will evaluate you on your verbal responses, message control, body language and overall presentation.
Conditions to apply are the followings:
• Be from 18-30 years old
• Have a good level of English
• Submit an Online Application Form
• Be a member of World Youth Alliance by signing the Charter
If you are interested to apply, please complete this application form. Deadline for the applicants: Saturday, the 1st of September, 2018. All applicants will be notified within a week of the application deadline.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Update: We have filled our sponsored spots for Spanish participants!