- This event has passed.
Save the Date! | Manhattan International Film Festival
March 25, 2019
This year, young filmmakers from Mexico, the Philippines, the United States, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom were selected based on the following criteria: Content and Relevance to WYA’s Mission, Technical Excellence, and Overall Quality. The roster of finalists for 2019 tackled the topic of human dignity through exploring themes like migration, war, death, sickness, and more. Aside from their differing countries of representation, finalists’ age and experience range from as young as 16 years old to multi-awarded veterans in the film industry.
The list below is in no particular order:
• Brian Adamkiewicz, Mexico, Build Ramps Not Walls
• Caitlin Brunnock, USA, Finding Refuge
• David Siev, USA, Year Zero
• Daniela Maria Magsaysay, the Philippines, Daybreak
• Jacqueline Prata, USA, Bitter Sweet
• Jose Bryan Nonay and Ayie Bueno, the Philippines, Indak ng Panahon
• Tamino Parren, the Netherlands, The Mirror of the Artist
• Tommy Creagh, United Kingdom, Father of the Man
• Will Garofalo, USA, Jesus Loves Bikers Too
Erin Cutler and Emily Weiss, USA, Bow with Me
The 7th Manhattan International Film Festival Screening will be held on March 25 2019 at the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in New York City.
For inquiries, you may email the MIFF Secretariat at email@example.com.