- This event has passed.
The Game Changers
August 14, 2015 @ 8:00 am - August 16, 2015 @ 5:00 pm
About the Training
The Game Changers is a national youth advocacy training that aims to equip select Filipino youth leaders with knowledge on human trafficking laws related to the youth and children, and provide them an opportunity to discuss different human trafficking issues and formulate an advocacy plan for their communities. The training program is free of charge and will be held in Tagaytay Highlands, Philippines from August 14 to 16, 2015.
The program will include:
- Lectures and discussions on different Philippine human trafficking laws
- Group workshops on advocacy planning against human trafficking
- Discussions on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Testimonials from human trafficking survivors from the Philippines
- Film viewing of different short films about human trafficking
- Youth fellowship and solidarity night
- Visit to Tagaytay City’s People’s Park in the Sky
The training will include discussions on:
- Illegal Recruitment, Child Trafficking and Mail-Order Bride
- Domestic and International Trafficking
- Labor and Sex Trafficking
- Profiles of Traffickers and Trafficking Victims
- Channels of Human Trafficking
- Push and Pull Factors of Human Trafficking
- Strategies in Developing Advocacy Campaigns
How to Apply
40 Filipino youth leaders will be selected, 10 each from Luzon, the National Capital Region, Visayas and Mindanao.
- Filipino, must be 16 to 25 years old on or before August 14, 2015;
- Physically and mentally fit to undergo the training;
- Must not have been charged with any case in any courts;
- Must be residing at the place of representation for at least one (1) year at the time of application;
- Must be an active officer or member of a youth or youth serving organization for at least one (1) year immediately preceding the date of application;
- Must have a strong interest in understanding human trafficking laws and issues;
- Must present an advocacy plan against human trafficking after the training; and
- Accepted applicants under the age of 18 will be required to sign a waiver and parental consent form.
Deadline of application is on July 12, 2015 (Sunday).
The organizers will provide the following:
- Roundtrip land transfers from the Commission on Filipinos Overseas building in Quirino Avenue, Manila to Tagaytay Highlands and vice versa on the 14th and the 16th.
- 3 days, 2 nights shared room accommodations (Boys and girls will be assigned separately) in Tagaytay Highlands
- Full board meals except for breakfast on August 14 and dinner on August 16
- Training kit, workshop materials and Certificate of Participation
- Participants will have to shoulder their flights to and from Manila, and other personal expenses to be incurred before, during and after the training.
Contact the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries.
Download the application form here.