- This event has passed.
WYAAP Summer Camp 2019
June 3, 2019 - June 8, 2019
June 3 to 8, 2019 (Monday to Saturday)
G Beach Resort in Bolinao, Pangasinan (Philippines)
This 6-day learning and leisure camp by the beach is a platform for young leaders from the Asia Pacific region to expand their knowledge about human dignity and their role in development.
The summer program presents an opportunity for holistic self-development, cultural exchange, and leadership training through lectures, dialogues, mentorship, and team-building activities. In the end, we see our leaders being able to communicate articulately and effectively on the discourse of human dignity. This allows them to engage their communities in developing person-centered solutions to pressing issues.
As a camper, you will undergo the WYA Certified Training Program or the CTP. This is the premier course of the World Youth Alliance that equips youth with the knowledge and skills to be able to articulate and defend the principles of the dignity of the person within the public square. Completing the CTP also grants its graduates exclusive access to WYA’s global internship and fellowship programs, among many other regional and international opportunities.
Camper Application Deadlines and Fees
Fill out the application form on this website before the deadline and wait for an e-mail regarding your application status. Camp fees will cover a camp kit, 6-days/5-nights accommodations at the camp resort venue, meals & refreshments, activity materials, and a unique summer adventure.
- Regular Applications: PHP 8,500 (for residents of the Philippines) / $ 180 USD (for international campers) for applications received before April 12, 2019 (11:59 PM GMT+8)
- Late Applications: PHP 8,900 (for residents of the Philippines) / $ 190 USD (for international campers) for applications received after April 12 until April 17, 2019(11:59 PM GMT+8)
NOTE: Camp fees should only be settled upon receipt of your acceptance letter; fees are non-refundable. Accepted applicants are expected to cover their airfare, if necessary. WYAAP will, however, offer local transportation to and from the WYAAP office and the resort venue at no additional cost.
What can you get out of the camp?
• Gain the knowledge and skills to articulate the idea of human dignity through the WYA Certified Training Program.
• Expand your horizon and develop your leadership and social skills through group activities.
• Get the chance to engage with other young people from various backgrounds.
• Become eligible to participate in other WYA regional and international events that are exclusive to WYA Certified Members upon successful completion of the camp.
• Become eligible to open a WYA Chapter in your school, university, province/state, or country
The program will include discussions on:
• Dignity and human rights
• What it means to prioritize the person
• Person-centered solutions to social issues
• The youth voice in the international arena
• Universal values such as solidarity, freedom for excellence, beauty, and others
Have a Facebook account?
Visit the WYAAP Summer Camp official event page and invite your friends to join!