Deadline for applications: Saturday, 1 March 2008 (5pm, Manila Time).
The World Youth Alliance Asia Pacific [WYAAP] is looking for leaders with a genuine desire to protect and promote human dignity while making a positive impact on society through integral development. Ideal candidates are great communicators and love to be among people; in addition, they are resourceful, detail-oriented, and organized. Successful Directors of Operations are fast learners, have a great sense of humor, and are great conflict mediators. If you embody these characteristics or would love to strengthen them, please apply.
The incoming Asia Pacific Director of Operations is expected to be responsible for the following in order of importance:
* Assist Director in implementing annual strategic plan.
* Establish policies, goals, objectives, and procedures for day-to-day office functioning.
* Manage internship program, prepare work schedules and assign specific projects and duties.
* Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
* Prepare proposals for approval, including those for funding and implementation of specific projects (conference, events etc).
* Oversee activities directly related to communicating with members.
What you stand to gain:
As the Regional Director of Operations of WYAAP, you will learn valuable operations, supervisory, technical, and project management skills. Your personal time and project management are crucial and you will be expected to lead others in these aspects. You will be expected to direct the internship program and guide groups of interns throughout the year. You will be exposed to diverse cultures from around the world through your fellow staff and interns; you will learn to collaborate, to be adaptive, to build rapport and to self-reflect for continued personal growth.
Candidates for consideration will be interviewed by staff. The selected candidate must complete a three-month internship in the International office in New York. This is a fulltime position. A modest salary is included in the regional budget.
If interested, please submit your curriculum vitae or resume with a 1×1 picture to Tamara Tan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Interested applicants should be WYA members who have completed Track A of the Certified Training Program. Not yet a member or in the training program? Contact email@example.com about membership and training today. For more information, go to www.wya.net.