Job Opening: WYA Director of the Southeast Europe Sub-regional Office
This is a full-time position based in Zagreb, Croatia.
The Director reports to the Regional Director (RD) of the World Youth Alliance Europe. The Director is responsible for the implementation of the strategic plan and represents WYA as stated in the Vision, Mission and the Charter. The Director submits an annual Strategic Plan for the sub-region and reports on the sub-region’s progress through appropriate reporting mechanisms and during staff meetings. The Director is responsible for new membership growth and development, and maintains relations with members, donors, friends and other key contacts. The Director leads the region in advocacy on related issues, subject to the approval of the RD.
The contract starts from January 1, 2021. Prior to that, the candidate is required to undergo a 2-month training at the Sub-regional Office, starting on November 9, 2020.
- Develops an annual operational plan with attainable goals that he/she is responsible for achieving in the areas of Membership, Education, Advocacy, and Culture, and in consultation with members and other stakeholders to address regional needs and issues.
- Supervises the implementation of the strategic plan for the Southeast Europe sub-region and ensures that the regional goals and expectations are met.
- Complies with deadlines for submission of plans and/or proposals and progress reports to the WYAE RD via Quarterly Reports and the Project Documentation System.
- Manages the development and growth of WYA Chapters/National Committees across the Southeast Europe sub-region.
- Communicates regularly with the WYAE RD to discuss progress, difficulties and ideas.
- Seeks to increase regional membership numbers and develops membership development programs.
- Selects applicants from the Southeast Europe sub-region to the WYAE regional internship program and provides accreditation to interns.
- Actively seeks opportunities to promote WYA through conferences, seminars, schools events, among others.
- Extends and maintains a support base of contact persons and organizations who agree with WYA’s mission, who are working on similar issues, and who are experts in relevant fields.
- Ensures that contacts are aware of current activities of WYA and are actively engaged in areas where they are available and/or qualified to help out in.
- Is available to meet with donors, friends, and key contacts of WYA at the request of the WYAE RD or the WYA President.
- Meets regularly with Chapter and National Committee members, interns and active members to discuss progress, difficulties and ideas, and provides them with leadership and guidance in pursuing the WYA Mission.
- Keeps WYAE Regional Office updated on regional issues and actively addresses policy-related concerns of members and the general public together with the help of regional staff and Director of Advocacy.
- Is the main person responsible for all projects and grants in Southeast Europe.
- Is responsible for creating awareness and providing information to members and general public on WYA-related issues, subject to approval of the WYAE RD.
- Is responsible for all administrative and financial matters, including developing and monitoring budget, recording receipts, regularly communicating with the organization’s bookkeeper, and contributing to the regional fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Strong background and work experience in management
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines
- High comfort level to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Within WYA’s age of membership (Below 31 years old)
- Completed the Certified Training Program (CTP) prior to official start date as staff
Candidates for consideration will be contacted for a series of interviews. Applicants should submit their completed application requirements to email@example.com with the subject line: WYAE SEE Director Application_<LAST NAME>.
Deadline for applications: October 25, 2020, 12 midnight Eastern Time