The World Youth Alliance Africa [WYAA] is looking for a Regional Director with passion and commitment to promoting the dignity of the person. Ideal candidates are great speakers, communicators and debaters. They are able to motivate and inspire others, and love to bring people together. They are intellectually curious, resourceful, adaptable, and dynamic. They are skilled with languages and able to understand societal and political processes. A successful director must be a good project manager and team leader, well organized and diligent. The Director for World Youth Alliance Africa will be responsible for the following:
• Supervise, host and organize cultural youth events as well as educational seminars promoting a culture of dignity in Africa.
• Oversee recruitment, training, motivation, and development for expanding membership.
• Engage in political dialogue at regional institutions in order to advocate human dignity.
• Create national and local committees/chapters dedicated to helping World Youth Alliance carry out its mission at the regional level.
• Develop more projects and programs that involve WYA members in Africa.
• Oversee creation and quality control of training materials.
• Promote World Youth Alliance through public relations efforts.
To view the full job description, click here.
What you stand to gain:
As the Regional Director of WYAA, you’ll learn valuable organizational, marketing, public relations, and event management skills. You will gain international experience, work with experts, and learn to be successful in the complex and global world of political and cultural processes. Your personal time and project management skills are crucial and you will also be expected to lead others in these aspects. You will direct the internship program and guide groups of interns throughout the year. You will be exposed to diverse cultures from around the world through your fellow staff and interns; you will learn to collaborate, to be adaptive, to build rapport and to self‐reflect for continued personal growth.
To download the application, click here. Deadline for applications: February 29, 2012.
Candidates for consideration will be interviewed during the first week of March 2012. The selected candidate must be available for training at WYA Headquarters in New York from March 15 to April 27, 2012. This is a full‐time position.
Applicants should submit their completed application to Obadias Ndaba at email@example.com.