Job vacancy: Regional Director of Advocacy – Europe
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so please send in your application as soon as possible.
The Regional Director of Advocacy – Europe is responsible for directing all advocacy-related matters in the European region, but primarily those of the European institutions (European Parliament, Commission and the Council).
– Develop an operational plan for advocacy for the European Region, in coordination with the Director of Advocacy’s strategic plan and the Regional Director’s strategic plan.
– Develop advocacy programs for the European Region as requested by the European Regional Director.
– Monitor the European institutions on a daily basis, attending plenary sessions and side events both in Brussels and in Strasbourg.
– Monitor Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly.
– Coordinate with like-minded NGOs in Brussels and exchange information on EP issues.
– Coordinate response to national issues, including amendments to legislation and campaigns for and against policy proposals.
– Train European interns on advocacy issues, particularly Chapter 7 of Track A, and lead interns in participation at European Institution.
– Coordinate EP passes for interns and members who attend policy events.
– Report to Director of Advocacy weekly on European advocacy matters.
– Create and maintain network of friendly MEPs and assistants, effectively using Raiser’s Edge.
– Bachelor’s degree required; JD or equivalent law degree preferred
– Excellent language skills (English required; one of French, German or Spanish required)
– Knowledge of European institutions preferred
– Excellent analytical skills; strategic and diplomatic abilities
– Track A and Track B accredited
– Excellent writing and communication skills
– Strong understanding of the uniqueness of WYA’s mission in terms of advocacy
Please fill out the application and send it, along with the required attachments, as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.