Deadline for applications:
The World Youth Alliance Latin America [WYALA] is looking for a Regional Director of Operations with passion and commitment to promote the dignity of the person. WYA is an organization of young people, ages 10 to 30, committed to promote the dignity of the person through policy and culture. WYA has five regional offices in
Ideal candidates are great communicators, organized, intellectually curious, resourceful, adaptable, and dynamic. They are skilled with languages and able to understand societal and political processes. A successful director of operations must be a good project manager, with an eye for detail and diligent. Applicants must be University or College graduates. Oral and written English proficiency is required.
The incoming WYALA Director of Operations is responsible for the following:
• Supervise, host and organize cultural youth events as well as educational seminars promoting a culture of life in various Latin American countries.
• Establish policies, goals, objectives, and procedures for day-to-day office functioning.
• Manage internship program, prepare work schedules and assign specific projects and duties.
• Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
• Prepare proposals for approval, including those for funding and implementation of specific projects (conferences, events etc).
• Oversee activities directly related to communicating with members.
What you stand to gain:
As the Regional Director of Operations of WYALA, you will learn valuable operations, supervisory, technical, and project management skills. Your personal time and project management are crucial and you will be expected to lead others in these aspects. You will be expected to direct the internship program and guide groups of interns throughout the year. You will be exposed to diverse cultures from around the world through your fellow staff and interns; you will learn to collaborate, to be adaptive, to build rapport and to self-reflect for continued personal growth.
Candidates for consideration will be interviewed by the Regional and International staff. The selected candidate must complete a three-month internship in the International office in
If interested, please submit your completed application to