WYA searches for a European Director
World Youth Alliance Europe
Deadline for applications: December 14, 2009
The World Youth Alliance Europe [WYAE] is looking for a Regional Director with passion and commitment to promote the dignity of the person. Ideal candidates are great speakers, communicators and debaters. They are able to motivate and inspire others, and love to bring people together. They are intellectually curious, resourceful, adaptable, and dynamic. They are skilled with languages and able to understand societal and political processes. A successful director must be a good project manager and team leader, well organized and diligent.
The Director for World Youth Alliance Europe will be responsible for the following:
- Supervise, host and organize cultural youth events as well as educational seminars promoting a culture of life in various European countries.
- Oversee recruitment, training, motivation, and development for expanding membership.
- Engage in political dialogue at the European Institutions in order to advocate human dignity.
- Create national and local committees dedicated to helping World Youth Alliance carry out its mission at the regional level.
- Oversee creation and quality control of training materials.
- Promote World Youth Alliance through public relation efforts.
What you stand to gain:
As the Regional Director of WYAE, you’ll learn valuable organizational, marketing, public relations, and event management skills. You will gain international experience, work with experts, and learn to be successful in the complex and global world of political and cultural processes. Your personal time and project management skills are crucial and you will also be expected to lead others in these aspects. You will direct the internship program and guide groups of interns throughout the year. You will be exposed to diverse cultures from around the world through your fellow staff and interns; you will learn to collaborate, to be adaptive, to build rapport and to self-reflect for continued personal growth.
Candidates for consideration will be interviewed by the President and one of the Regional staff. The selected candidate must complete a two-month internship at WYA Headquarters in New York as well as a one-month internship in the WYAE office. This is a fulltime position. A modest salary is included in the regional budget.
Applicants should submit your completed application to Mary Halpine firstname.lastname@example.org
Not yet a member or in the training program? Contact email@example.com about membership and training today. For more information, go to www.wya.net.
World Youth Alliance – Europe
Rue Belliard 23A, 1040 Brussels
Tel +32 2 732 76 05
World Youth Alliance
228 East 71 Street New York, NY 10021
Tel +1 212 585 0757