ISF 2004 | Women and Development
The 2nd Annual International Solidarity Forum was held in New York from November 15 to 20, 2004. The OTF Group, a non-profit global development organization, led workshops on globalization and development. Draft negotiations were held on the Declaration on Woman. A major cultural event, the WYA Film Festival, was held at United Nations Headquarters during the ISF.
Women and Development Speakers
- Ambassador Guterres, Permanent Mission of Timor L’este to the UN
Particular Needs of a New Nation
- Andreas Widmer, President & CEO, OTF Group
Globalization and Development
- Oscar de Rojas, UN Official
Financing Millenium Development Goals in Light of Women
- Costa Rica
- United Kingdom
Declaration: Declaration on Women
World Youth Alliance Film Festival
Held on Friday, November 19, the WYA Film Festival screened films created by young people from around the world.
- Dag Hammarskjold Award: for the film that best captures human possibility
- Artistic Merit Award: for the most beautiful film
- World Youth Alliance Award: for the best rendering of human dignity
In addition to the WYA Film Festival, an African Party and Mexican Fiesta allowed participants to experience these diverse cultures.