World Youth Alliance (WYA) Africa opens the 2018 search for a passionate, committed, and dedicated World Youth Alliance member from Africa who will represent the region in the second or third batch of the WYA Global Internship Program (May–July or September-December 2019) in New York City, USA. Successful completion of WYA’s Certified Training Program and Regional Internship Program in the WYA Africa regional office are prerequisites to apply for the search.
The chosen WYA member will receive the Vanessa Cherese Scholarship. This includes:
• A 3-month project management and advocacy training at the WYA Headquarters in New York
• An opportunity to represent the WYA Africa region in the International Summer Camp as a Counselor (if joining B2)
• Roundtrip economy class flight tickets from Nairobi, Kenya to New York, USA
• Shared room accommodations with facilities in New York (a value of approximately $4,500)
• Qualified to apply for an internship stipend (a value of approximately $200-$300)
The chosen WYA member is responsible for the expenses related to the visa application and local transportation from his or her current location to Nairobi.
They will also be engaged in fundraising towards the scholarship fund to meet the target, and as part of their training in engaging in fundraising.